Friday, June 23, 2006

*****PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT******


ok. so...I have never claimed to be a rocket scientist. Nor any other super genius type of person. But I thought I was reasonably smart. Not so, my friends, not so.

I had received an email from paypal....stating that I needed to update my records. So...I clicked the link, went to my paypal acct (where the link took me) and filled in all the requested information.

What part of "does not ever ask for you personal information via email" did I not understand when I registered????

So....I logged on to my email today...an guess what...someone made a payment from my paypal acct....wasn't me. So....I spent my morning contacting paypal, my bank, the credit beaureaus,etc...what a fun way to spend the day. sigh.......


NEVER EVER EVER EVER give out this info!!!

so..on to other not so stupid me news.....


the boys and I have spent the last several days with my aunt and grandparents. We were hot...she has pool...they miss us....we miss them.... = go visit

boys had a great time frolicking in the pool...I waited on everyone and tried to work on computer...not so easy. EVERYONE wanted to chat or be held. not so bad actually.

We will spend the weekend getting ready for our trip. Not sure if I shared or not...we will be going to hubby's family reunion in Oregon. We will camp our way up there, stay in Seaside, go to the shindig, then come on home. I cannot wait to see how the boys do.

I am spending all free time trying to get all prizes etc ready to pass out...plus my freebie contribution for SDK and Raks.

I guess I will jump on the bandwagon in the design community...Name this Kit. I will Release it Tuesday...not much time I know. It is not completed, but you can get the gist of it here. There will be some more elements added. Please email me your name idea and your email addy here so I can contact you *tmblankenship@gmail.com Winners will receive this kit for free.


what I have done so far:























some close ups of the elements



















and here is a close up of some of the papers



















So...I have some answers to questions I saw on Ash's Blog:

1. NAME ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT !

wowza kowbowza batman...we have scars!!!! hmmmmm....I have a big un on my right elow from the pizza oven....at one of my jobs

2.WHAT IS ON THE WALLS OF YOUR BEDROOM?

some asian latern/candle/scones; some art work from the boys; some dried wild flowers

3. WHAT DOES YOUR CELL PHONE LOOK LIKE?

average black flip phone

4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?

I love old school, alternative, top 40, jazz

5. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT DESKTOP PICTURE?
the boys

6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
to be out of debt and to have the money to fix up the house

7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?

my old body and self confidence

8. WHAT TIME WERE YOU BORN?
12:03 pm

9. WHAT DOES YOUR DAD DO FOR A LIVING?
retired lawyer...golfer guy

10. WHAT ENDED YOUR LAST RELATIONSHIP?
hmmmmm......before Bran....me...tired of lies and wasted time...I was just passing time with him...nothing serious

11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?

shhhhh....yes I do

12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?

Mrs Gator at Rakscraps....story of her son's friend's death

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOGNE / PERFUME?

I love the discontinued bath and body works White amber and ginger

14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
usually dark and dark

15. DO YOU LIKE PAINKILLERS?

yes...though I am trying to get off them...both drugs and things like shopping and eating

16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS?
diet soda

17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
pepperoni, olive and pineapple

18. IF YOU CAN EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

I would like a really yummy Dairy Queen Blizzard...made by me

19. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD?

hmmmmmm....I guess the a %#@@@@ who stole my info

20. DO YOU SPEAK ANOTHER LANGUAGE?
a tiny bit of spanish,...took 5yrs of it but lost most of it

Now...some for you.


What makes you want to read a blog....I am curious as I only read the ones of my friends or that seem to get the most traffic..just cause I have to see, lol

So...what attracts you??


Freebies?

Friends?

Juicy Storyline??

To see what the hoopla is?

list as many as apply...also write other things that apply

I am not really trying to get my readership higher...I am just curious about the human psyche.


Also....do you always, almost always, rarely or never leave comments for the blogs you read.

For the most part...I leave comments when I read them. There are some that I don't though. I guess the one's that have a super amount of traffic...I figure they won't even read themm if I leave them. For those...I only leave a comment if I really like something they said...or if I downloaded or used something of theirs. My goal is to start leaving comments no matter what.

Ok..off to do 2 more loads of laundry, get boys in jammies, read to them..collapse under a fan...it is still so hottttttt.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a bummer you got taken by the scam! I got sucked into one from eBay about 2 years ago, but realized it super quick and changed my name and passwords right away. I hope you are able to get it worked out!

And I read blogs more than forums now. I can't pin down why I like the ones I do. It's mostly keeping up with my friends, but some just have interesting insights into life that I like, or inspiring scrapbook pages. I comment on those of close friends, freebies, and contests usually. Or designers that I really like. :)

Robin said...

wow that is a cool looking kit Tracy!!!!!

I love to read blogs because
1. to catch up on my friends
2. to see what my favorite designers/scrappers are up to
3. because i am nosy
4. becaus i am bored

hee!

Anonymous said...

That sucks about the Pay Pal scam, it happens if you buy/have bought through Yahoo too, don't answer emails saying that your yahoo account is being suspended or cancelled, just don't LOL!

I love blogs because you get to meet people from all over, you get to know people a little better in a blog I think, I get lots of great inspiration from them, and sometimes I snag a freebie, LOL! But mostly I blog to pass the time away.

Deb said...

So glad you found the paypal problem fairly quickly!!

I like to read blogs to keep up on what's been happening, new kits, new layouts, what people have been doing. To me it's sort of like getting a letter from a friend in the mail (real postal mail that is - remember when?). Helps me to remember that my chaotic life is pretty normal, and I love seeing people's different perspective on things.