Shutterfly Photo Book Arrived!!!
Wowowowo! I loveeeee it!
So...first...can we say speedy!?! I ordered on 3.26.07 and got it today...3.30.07
and normal delivery
here are some pics:
me hugging my new baby! Finally I have some layouts in print in one place. ahhhhh
lookie lookie lookie...so happpyyyy
the beauty in it's glory
the main reason I want to get them allll printed now. Chase LOVES my book. He couldn't get enoughhhh!
My aunt tried to steal it and got teary eyed. Brandon (dh) is loving it too. He says it makes it more REAL to him. Now he GETS what I do,lol. My mom is going to order 1 with ALL my layouts.
My thoughts on this from start to finish!
1) the process is super easy peasy! They give you some veryyyy easy to use templates, specs and tips. They almost OVERexplain it...not that that is a bad thing.
2) I was very nervous about my layouts. A lot of them go all the way to the edge...even "hang" off. It tells you right in the instructions...don't have things that do this. "Avoid placing critical design elements less than 1/2 inch from the edges of book pages (particularly on the edge which will be bound into the book)
So...I was careful about placing the ones with the writing away from the binding. But still I could tell by looking at their templates...I would lose a lot of critical pieces of my layouts. So...I kind of played with things and got what I needed in "the live area" as they call it. I was wondering if I would have a lot of white border...but I didn't. Granted. I didn't use the layouts that REALLY went all the way to the edge. I think to do that you would have to just deal with some white border...but I def think it is still worth it adn will do it myself.
3) I placed my order at night...so basically 3. something days later my order came
4) the color is awesome. perfect. wonderful. I felt like it was 3-d. You want to touch the pages.
5) Quality is excellent. I can't see it falling apart easily...even if you look at it a lot.
6) perfect size for me (I used 8x8)
7) they go on sale allll the time!
overall rating: 9 only because I am not sure how to deal with the layouts I have going all the way to the edge.
I will soon have a shelf full of these!
disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Shutterfly nor has my opinion been guided in any way.