hi all! happy hump day!
Not much going on here...just being lazy. My aunt took the boys overnight last night. I went out with a girlfriend...we went to Chili's and talked for 3.5hrs. It was fun...haven't chatted with her for a while.
Today been dealing with doctor crud...oh joy!
Just wanted to thank you all for your wonderful comments and emails you send me..they so make my day. Big ole chunky hugs to you all. I hope you all know that I am a total drama queen,lol. These things really do happen but are not really that big of a deal. I just like to play it up with words and silliness as I know a lot of us are in the same boat. I just like to laugh.
I wanted to take time today to answer some questions I have received since some of y ou don't leave email addy's for me to respond to them directly. ;)
first...for the pics behind the filmstrip in my template below...just play with them to get them the right size. I didn't come up with a set size...just placed them over the white strip..angled them and adjusted to get the right things showing.
1) What did I decide to do about my son's field trip. Well...first I wanted to update ya'll on the whole situation. We have a little girl in our class who is quite the handful. She is loud, attention hungry, love starved, always in trouble...always acting up and pushing the kids around (especially my little Chase, lol). She has punched the principal in the face and just caused us so much grief. I know she comes from a broken home and her grandparents take care of her. When I am there she just clings to me. She breaks my heart. But...I hate that it disrupts our class so much. Well...the other teachers going on the trip and the principal said that she had to bring her grandparent on the trip with us...or she couldn't go. So...they took my spot. That is why I got booted. I do understand this...I can't imagine her on an outing...though I am not sure she should be allowed to go with all the trouble she is in...but that is another story.
I talked with the teacher and some other concerned parents (like me...we are not so sure of our wonderful teacher...she really did lose a kid walking from the lunchroom to the spot where we pick our children up for the day)
We are going to carpool down there and hang out at the park near the highschool and go to the picnic after. I was mistaken...no zoo trip that day...that is the following month. The park they are having their picnic at is large with a huge fortlike area for the kids and a water park. So...that is what we are doing. :)
2) Hayden did NOT get throw up...though that whole night he told me his tummy hurt and his ummm...bowel movements were frequent and GREEN?!?!
2) Why don't I design anymore? Well....I am still technically a designer over at my buddies shop. I haven't made anything new in quite a while to put in the shop. I give out prizes etc. They want me to put a few things in the shop...we will see if I can get to that.
Long story short...in October I lost my grandmother...who helped raise me. She had been ill for awhile...with breathing problems. But in September she was diagnosed with colon cancer advanced and she was gone the beginning of Oct. It was very very very hard on me and my family. The next week my uncle was hit and killed by a car. Then...in the following three months we lost three more people. It just changed my life, my priorities etc. I wanted to scrap more...be with my kids more...not adhere to too many deadlines etc. So I left Digital Freebies and am just doing my own thing now.
3) How did I do my Shutterfly Cover? I designed it myself using their template guidlelines only. And used my own fonts from the computer.
4) How did I learn to design? I started as a member at Raks....read all their how to's and met people who helped...read tutorials etc. Then started doing freebies. then joined Raks element team and that was that.
5) What did I do in my before kids life?
When I met my dh I was 29. I went to college, taught aerobics and kickboxing and worked for the California State legislature. I started there when I was 23 in the mailroom. Moved up to a Senator's office as a clerk, then an Committee Assistant and a scheduler. After Bran and I got married and preggo's I went to the Legislative Travel Office as one of three agents. WE arranged all the travel for the Legislators (Assembly and Senate) and their staff as well as take care of delegations. Chase was born and I went back to work when he was 10wks old I was a messsss. He was across the street in our daycare, but still I hated it. I worked from 7a to 6p and during Budget times...would sometimes be at work till 10p or 2a. Brandon was traveling all the time for work. I hardly got to spend time with my baby. So...he took a better job with even more away time and I quit work when Chase was 15months old. My hubby now works for himself from the home (very hard on me,lol) and we have two beautiful boys, three great girls (my stepdaughters) and one wonderful grandson. there are times that I really miss working. I had so many friends there. I felt so useful. Times now I feel brain dead,lol. But I am so lucky to have this time with the boys. I feel we are all working mothers...some go outside the home to work and have to come home to work...and others stay at home and then everything in between. We find what works best for us and our family and do the best we can. No easy or right way about it.
So...that is all the ??S I can think of now...will go back and read some other ones to answer...how funny that people are curious...I love it. I am so an open book...very much a people person...and love getting to chat with ppl from all over. the internet is so fabulous.
I just have a little treat for you guys today...I was having troubles sleeping last night and made this little frayed thing....kind of like a paper tear...but frayed. I used atomic cupcake to achieve this...wish it was a tad more frayed...have to work on that.
click here to download...leave me a howdy ho
hugs and love