Hi cutie bugs! how is everyone and everything in scrapland??? I think someone is messing with me and changed the date of my last post! It has NOTTTTT been that long! No way. no wayyyyy. wowowowowo. I knew it was a while, but not that long.
All I can say is I have been dealing with life. Some good, some great and some bad. Been very busy with Chase's class. Working with Hayden. Worrying about my MIL.
I cannot POSSIBLY fill you in on all of it without going on and on all day and night, so will recap.
What I have learned since I have been gone.
1. The older I get, the less I like housework. Now...don't get me wrong...I never LOVED it. When I was single and had lots of time...I would be known to keep a really clean cute house. And actually spent time deep cleaning on a regular basis.
Now...yuck. So many other things I have to or would rather do. And now that I have 4 of us (sometimes 5 when my mom is here) to clean up after...it just plain STINKS! and having two little boys and one big boy...bathrooms are my all time WORST chore.
I am sick of laundry, laminate floors (which you constantly have to wash) and tile grout!
2. There are not enough hours in the day! Just not. By the time Chase gets home from school (we walk in the door about 3p) and he eats his snack and talks about his day with me...we have to do homework, cook dinner while they play (or go to sport practice or boyscouts), bath, talk/read bed. I MiSSSSSSSSSS my little guy! A lot! And there just isn't enough time for me to get everything done that I want to. I have this huge list of things I need to do, people I need to contact, etc. Siggghhhh. INstead of crossing things off with speed...I just keep adding more and more,lol.
3. Marriage is hard work. Especially when you are both tired, stressed, and dealing with the young ens. They take time and effort to make them good. You can easily fall into a rut. NOt take care of each other. Put it off.
4. I have a hard time saying no. I want to do it all. Be there for everyone. Make everyone happy. Be useful, liked and needed. But, once again...we fall back to number 2. I do NOT have enough hours. I must find a seminar that teaches me to say no and to limit myself to what I volunteer to do.
5. I need to take better care of myself. I StILL haven't gotten it together with the weightloss thing. I stopped Nutrisystem because I kept "cheating" and didn't want to waste the food, so it is still sitting there waiting for me to feel strong enough to do it. Man I am struggling there! How can a person who used to be so fit and work so hard at being healthy get to this point? I am 40+ overweight (would be "ok" if I lost 40). And I hate it. I miss feeling fit, energetic, good in my own skin. I am not sleeping good. I am embarrassed by how I look. You would think I would be quick to act on it. but noooooo. def psycholgical.
6. I will probably never stop my iron shots. they think I could need them the rest of my life. they still have no idea why my body can't make and/or absorb iron through my digestive system. I have gone through tons and tons of tests. bottom line...cannot find out why. iron shots weekly help. in 6 more months they think I can go to monthly shots. strange stuff. we also found out that Hayden has low iron. (my 3yr old)
7. When people say they miss chatting with me and I tell them I am usually up for the day at 3a pst...so between 3a and 7a. we can chat on computer....I usually get dead silence and quick change of subject. hahahah ;) hopefully this will change soon. I am one tired momma,lol.
soooo...that is a bit of stuff in my head.
I have been scrapping quite a bit. Not going to put all the new layouts up here...but if you want to take a peek...here is my gallery I did quick a lot of my CTs...but still had a lot of quest CT spots coming up so do that. I am working with my buddy Bren still and a couple others. I also quit selling at SDK. Not cause I was unhappy there. I love those girlies. I just didn't have 100 percent to give there. Couldn't play in the forums like I should, keep up with the monthly mega kit etc. Just wasn't pulling my weight.
But I had people still wanting to buy my templates. Missed having my scrapping money to buy great goodies...so I joined my old friends over at Scrapdish recently. I can handle their site a bit easier. No forums and just have to do 1/2 of the mega kit contributions so I can handle it better. BTW...they are having a store wide sale right now...very cool stuff over there. fun gals.
here is what is in the store now...more to come
so...I will leave it at this for now...I promise to stay on top of this now...I kept thinking...I want to blog...but didn't want to just say hi and leave and knew it would be hard to sum it all up...so I kept putting it off,l ol. Another look into my psyche...if it is too daunting...I just say...ehhhhh will do it later, lol.
tomorrow I will show off some pictures of the kiddos!
how bout a little treaty treat for ya?!?!
Here is the layout I made with it...using all Rachel young goodies from funky playground designs.
here is the template.
Sorry...no longer available.
leave me a virtual hug if you would. no sharing, selling, claiming, direct linking to download. No using it as kleenex. No crumpling it and throwing at kid to get their attention since you lost your voice. No giving it as a tip at The Burger Hut. No wrapping your burger in it at said Burger Hut. No using it as floor mats.
wanting to know how to make your pic pop out of the frame (also called Out of Bounds technique)? here are some links I looked at...hope they help!
swish-db (very cool)
to find one for your program type Out of Bounds tutorial for (name of your program here)
want another freebie? go here and leave me a hug and download! xoxox
I also have some wants and haves.
I am looking for some turbo jam dvds. would like to buy or trade (templates or clothes or kids clothes or books etc).
I have dreamweaver mx 2004 edu version (never used-honest) and dreamweaver 4 for windows and macintosh book and Sams teach yourself dreamweaver that I will sell
I am also looking at starting a book swap. All my friends here read the exact ones I have since we are in a book club together, lol. if interested, sign in here and we will get together and work out details. I read murder/mystery, book club favorites (right now have several to get out) etc.
if intersted in any of the above things I just stated for want/have contact me at tmblankenship at gmail dot com.
hugs and happy scrapping
good luck, hugs and happy scrapping.