Sunday, October 15, 2006

and now...on to my next guest blogger. Much awaited Melc




1) Name: My name is Melanie (I prefer to go by Mel ) Chynoweth. My user name is Melc or Melchyn. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 5 1/2 years and together we have 5 wonderful children, four girls and one boy, ranging in age from 11 down to 2 and a 1/2 yo twins.

2) Where do you live?
I live in Canberra, which is the Capital city of Australia

3) How long have you been digi scrapping?
I have been digi scrapping since August of last year but didn't really get into it until February of this year, and have been hooked ever since.

4) What brought you to digi scrapping?
I had long been an admirer of my friends paper LO's, and just accidently came across digi scrapping one day while on the Internet, and the rest, as they Say, is history.

5) What do you like most about it?
I love digi scrapping, firstly because I have finally found something that gives me a bit a me time, and the fact that I love doing it is an added bonus! Also I love to create things that are (well at least I think so) pleasing to look at.

6) Do you have any other hobbies?
In my spare time (although with five kids there is not a lot of this! LOL!! ) I also enjoy spending time with my family( also gives me a great opportunity for more pics!), going to the movies, gardening and reading in bed ( although by the end of the day, once the kids are asleep, I barely make it to the end of one page!)

7) How often do you get to scrap?
I usually get the opportunity to scrap while the twins are having their afternoon nap, and the older kids are at school, also at night once they have all gone to bed (if I can keep my eyes open,) but this is where a good strong cup of coffee comes into it!!

8) What program do you use most to scrap?
I started out using PSP studio, but now have PSP X which I absolutely LOVE!

9) What are your fave elements to use while scrapping?
I don't really have a particular favourite element, but I LOVE clean, crisp LO's and I LOVE LO's using white space!
I am totally in awe of all the beautiful kits that designers put together. It is just awesome the realism that some designers can achieve in their work!

10) Do you have a fave snack to munch on while scrapping?
I don't have a particular favourite, but I quite often end up eating my lunch at the computer ( this is usually when the twins are asleep in bed), terrible I know!

11) What is your fave layout you have done (provide link to it) and why?
I have a few favorite layouts, but if I had to narrow it down to one (or maybe two) I would have to say 'Butterfly' seen here:
http://digitalfreebies.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/10697/cat/500/ppuser/1284
I love clean, simple LO's and I love these colours, they would have to be my favs! I also remember the great day we had had when this pic was taken.
My second favorite would have to be 'Cute kid' seen here:
http://digitalfreebies.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/12490/cat/500/ppuser/1284
This one just came together really quickly and easily, and I was really pleased with the result. The fact that I just LOVE that photo of my
son probably helps as well!!


here are some layouts she did with my kits:







Isn't she just great???? Go check out her gallery here:http://digitalfreebies.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1284!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

melc is one of the best I've seen! Her LO's are inspirational to me and I hope to many other's. Keep up the great work!